Saturday, June 12, 2010

Practice for my dream job...

I haven't been on here in a long time, so I figured I'd better practice blogging to work out the atrophy in my writing muscles. My big dream is to author a book someday. Whether Children's or Young Adults or something in-between, I don't know. But there's a lot on the inside just bursting at the seams waiting to be free, and writing is the way I express my soul and the core of my identity.
This past year has been full of all sorts of interesting and, dare I say, life-changing events, including the birth of our son, Xander, and the latest event...my sister moving in with us. It's been a year of adjusting and focusing on priorities. It hasn't been easy, by any means, but when is anything meaningful ever easy? I really am starting to believe that God won't ever let me take the easy way. I say this in all sincerity, as I am beginning to understand my true nature a little more each day; I live for the adventure in longed-for dreams coming to pass. What a gift it is! To live each day wondering if this is the day God will surprise me. Wondering if maybe, just maybe, that "thing" I'd been praying for will be birthed into life.

No comments:

Post a Comment